Sunday 24 January 2010

35) Rach and Cancer Research Charity Walk

It is so humbling to see the effort that people put in to fight and research cancer, maybe it's because we all have family members and friends who have not only had cancer, are fighting cancer but have died of cancer. Our friend Diane who died last year said that cancer shouldn't have the same stigma attached to it as it had in recent years because of all the Research that is being done into it, she was right but so much more has to be done for all of us, we never know when or who it will hit next.

Manchester Shine is a unique night-time walking marathon, organised by Cancer Research UK. My friend, support and blog watcher Rachael is walking the Cancer Research Manchester Shine on the 17th April and if you would like to sponsor her please follow the link opposite. (I know other bloggers are Walking the Walk too and as soon as you send me your details I will add your links to it).
Lots of you sponsor Cancer Research in many ways so please don't feel under pressure to do another one but if you want to or haven't for a while it would be a great way.

Thank you Rach and every walker and sponsor.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ivan

    We all know how important the work of Cancer Research UK is, you are living proof of it!! And it feels good to abe able to support something when you can see the evidence of it working.

    I am sure you will support me all the way, not just by sponsorship, but by driving me to far away places so I can walk back as part of the training - and looking at the route I think we go down the curry mile so you might have to throw me a peshwari naan to keep me going! ;-)

    Rach
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm registered to do that walk too. But I'm only doing the 13 miles because my sister said so! We're doing it with our friend and her mum, who's lost her dad to cancer Thursday. Ivan you are definitely the living proof of the positive side to fighting cancer.
    That night will be very emotional but well worth while. Good luck with the training Rachel, ours starts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Joanne and thanks.

    can I have your link please

    ReplyDelete