Wednesday 6 January 2010

20) Even the Manchester Ship Canal is frozen



Its lovely looking at all the photos that we now see from around the area on tv and facebook, the snow has definately taken over the media.
I was in Stockton Heath today and saw the frozen canal, I have seen it frozen before but not as much as this, I saw a swan struggling on the ice, I watched for a while and was pleased to eventually see it make it to the bank.
Lets all remember the birds that can't find food at the moment, can you imagine what it must be like to suddenly find all your food in the freezer and not having a microwave.

Please have a look at all my SNOW PHOTOS

7 comments:

  1. Right - just posting to prove I can... like you said 'Live it!' thought I should put technophobia behind me and go for it!!!
    And next time you're taking photos on the Canti - CALL IN!!!
    A
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,

    Welcome to blogging, I will be watching out for your comments. Hope the family are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you sent any of these pictures to Granada Reports yet? Take your own advice - live it and e mail them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win Joanne

    not Granada but North West Tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanne had the same thought as I did. Your photos are superb. They should be printed in a book too, just beautiful. Well done, old friend. (Makes me feel a grumpy old woman for complaining about the inconvenience the weather brings.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivan these photos are truly beautiful and inspiring. Well done for reminding us of the simple things in life that we all take for granted. Mother Nature is a beatiful thing.

    Dot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda
    Thanks for your compliment, you know I enjoy the photography. You aren't a grumpy old woman because a grumpy old women wouldn't blog.

    Dot
    We do take a lot for granted, I hadn't looked at the photographs that way so thank you for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete