Saturday 9 January 2010

22) Thoughts of the week

I was receiving my donated platelets yesterday and thought "THANK GOD FOR DONORS", they give blood, plasma, stem cells, platelets and other life saving blood products out of the goodness of their heart. THANK YOU. Since being 18 I have given 30+ pints of blood but for obvious reasons they don't want mine anymore (I can understand that, there's lots of it I don't want either). Do you or have you thought about donating?

This is now moan time.
Why is it that I see so many people on mobile phones, as we have been driving around in this terrible weather we see lots of people on their phones while they are driving (on Kingsway on Thursday I saw 13 drivers on their phones in a queue of no more than 120 cars)!!!! WHY?
From our hospital visit on Friday morning to Saturday evening we have seen more than 15 drivers jump RED LIGHTS in this terrible weather!!!! WHY?

Moan Over, I feel better now.

7 comments:

  1. Glad your moan is over but I need to add a moan too: Obviously everyone is driving slower due to weather. so after leaving school on Fri, going down a speed bump route-why did the driver coming from the opposite direction take over the car infront and skid out infront of me! Why couldn't he just wait behind the other driver? I ask why??? Fx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel better now too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. F
    this isn't just a myeloma blog it's a public service too

    thanks for your support

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the Thomason family braving the snow again today!
    Can I moan about NHS workforce planning (there isn't any...that makes any sense to me, anyway)? I could also moan about NHS IT projects...but that would take far too long...
    Have a good week (& I hope the chemo goes smoothly).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter

    Maybe I should set up an online get it off your chest clinic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! You'd make a wonderful "agony uncle".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ivan
    Yes got to agree with Dr B you would make an excellent "agony uncle" you've talked me through my problems on many occassion (caused me a few as well, but we won't go into that). Mel has read your blog so she might be brave enough to put a message on to you although like me she's only just catching on to this blogging etc.,
    Hope you have a good week.
    gina x

    ReplyDelete