Tuesday 12 January 2010

24) Valcade Today

I have been to hospital today and have had the cancer drug Valcade, we were out by 12.30pm so a quick day.
My platelets were ok at 47 (normal is 150+) my platelets usually drop with valcade but I had no valcade on Friday so they seem to have held their own over the weekend. My neutrophils are low at 0.6, if they drop to 0.5 they probably wont give me valcade on Friday, I have been given a growth hormone injection to administer myself at home (2 injections a day), this hopefully will boost my neutrophils. I am now back on the self help neutrophil diet where food has to be served very hot and not able to have salad because of the high chance of germs on the salad (not all bad then). If anyone would like to support me and avoid salad it would be great (I know Mick will support me)
Good news is that I do feel well and from all accounts look well too, this has to be a plus. I have great faith and great faith in the hospital, these 2 together will see me/us through.

5 comments:

  1. hi mate ,hope your doin ok,just bin readin all the long words you've got to take and do mate sounds quite complex.Keepin fingers crossed for you mate.
    Tried to get snow shovels today none in stock ,people panick buying,so soon as they come in mate i will one to one side for you.
    take care ,ttfn keith kb

    ReplyDelete
  2. No salad for me mate either, I'm supporting you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KB

    Rob, thanks for your no salad support..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do salad (or veg) either so now I have a valid reason for avoiding it! :) By any chance can I avoid fruit too? Fx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks F

    I can only have fruit that can be pealed ie banana. You can avoid all fruits if you really want to support me.

    ReplyDelete