Tuesday 19 January 2010

30) Steady Results

We arrived at hospital at 9.00 and went straight for blood tests. The results were steady, the platelets, neutrophils and white blood cells were all at an ok level without outside help, (for the blogging medics the HB was up 1.0 at 12.7.) A good day makes you stand tall and feel altogether better (puts an extra inch on your height, and seeing as myeloma sufferers generally loose height thats a big bonus).
The last few days I have been feeling tired and as though the drugs are starting to take over but that is expected so no problem, it does help when you know what side effects there might be.
Next hospital visit is Friday so will be looking for some more good results, I am sure that there will be hiccups along the way but at least I know there is support there for us.
Just for the record, Averil is such a fantastic support, she lets me do so much which makes me feel good helping but she always keeps an eye on me and calls time on what I am doing if she sees things getting too much for me (which they often do). Averil you are a star. THANK YOU.

6 comments:

  1. Very good news indeed! We always knew Averil was a star!
    Leading on to a relevant quote: -
    "Behind every great man there's a woman. While I'm not a great man, there's a great woman behind me."
    (Meryll Frost - 'Most courageous athlete of 1945')

    ReplyDelete
  2. "just been reading your blog hope all goes well on friday and things stay steady. take care. Caroline "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter

    will take each day at a time but its good to grab the better days and savour them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Caroline

    welcome to my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passing by to say hello to you all - fingers crossed - well done Averil for keeping Ivan in his place!!!!!xxxxxKate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate

    NEXT TIME YOU ARE PASSING BY TO SAY HELLO CALL IN, YOU MIGHT EVEN GET A COFFEE.

    didn't quite say keeping me in my place did I???

    ReplyDelete