Friday 5 February 2010

44) The Power of Technology and the Blog

Last night I got a comment on the old blog from a 29 year old in America also suffering from Myeloma, its amazing how our therapies differ but both chasing the same goal.
We were talking about being positive and looking forward and I said how great the power of Family, Friends and Faith were, Phil said he says he has the power of the 4 F's Family, Friends, Faith and Facebook, its true, as I have said before we need to take on and be thankful for technology, how else would I be getting support and he hopefully from me from thousands of miles away without the likes of Facebook and blogs.

Have a look at Phills blog

8 comments:

  1. I've looked at Phil's blog. It's amazing that you two have been brought together through your experiences and technology. It is a very small world indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very small world indeed,but you wouldn't walk around it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes how true these comments are - there are so many of us it seems - I rather wish there was a lot less! - including the carers of couse. We have a great group on my FB page and Acor is great too. We all need support on this journey. Very best wishes to you Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I've been out of the loop recently...I haven't in fact, but it probably looked that way.
    Really appreciated the text with your excellent results. Looks like you're all set for a wonderful trip to the Med. God willing the improvement will continue.
    Make sure you keep safe & return well rested & invigorated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter

    You are never out of the loop, We think the holiday will be great and much needed, Just what the doctor ordered if thats ok with you.

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife is also on Velcade and her numbers are responding. However she also takes melphalan, 2 mg on days 1 through 4(also 50 mg of prednisone on those same 4 days) at the beginning of every cycle which is about once every six weeks. Seems like most of the clinical trials indicate an increase in responce when another chemo is taken along with Velcade. I am curious if you have had this discussion with your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jerry
    thanks for your comment

    we have had lots of discussions with my doctor. I had melphalin when I had my stem cell transplant last march

    at the moment I take velcade and Dex (steroids)

    Ivan

    ReplyDelete