Monday 1 February 2010

41) Experiments

When we were at the day centre the other day I saw the official opening plaque, one of the professors is a PROF OF EXPERIMENTAL MEDICINE. It makes you think that the whole cancer and life thing is an experiment, I must say they can experiment all they like.

What got me thinking about the above statement???? Last night I was listening to a podcast and I heard this quote "TOMORROWS CURE IS TODAYS EXPERIMENT" I like that, long may we have the ability to experiment.

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought of medicine as a bit like cookery. The basic principles don't change a lot but there is room for experimentation and individual expression...but not that much room, as the DoH doesn't like us straying too far off the beaten track (with some good reason, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you say Peter

    only with good reason, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but without variation we would have no progress, equally with too much variation we could have disaster

    ReplyDelete