Friday 26 February 2010

57) What did the Prof say?

I have been to hospital today for blood tests. Platelets are still up at 68 which for my blood is good. Hb is 11.8 and neutrophils are 3.8, so all good.
I start velcade and steroids again on Tuesday along with all the other usual drugs (anti-sickness anti-biotics and anti- whatever you call it). My velcade dose has been reduced and will now be 1 per week instead of 2, the prof says this is because of my previous low platelet count and the whitlows I was troubled with.

This regime will be reassessed in a months time and adjusted if necessary.
All looks ok for the moment so that will do for me.

4 comments:

  1. nice one mate kb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the results are good, holidays always make people feel better,certainly getting away from this country into the heat would have been good for you,keep up the good work love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers KB
    we keep moving forward

    Karen
    you are right, i am sure the holiday worked for me and for my family, lets hope the cold in the UK moves on, it isnt doing any of us any good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well aint that just grand - Looking positive mucker!! must ave bin that lovely sunshine!!

    Catch u next week - I will text you and arrange a brew.

    xxxxxx Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete