Monday 28 December 2009

12) West Kirby

Wow, I slept until 4 this morning without problems with my chest infection, I do believe its clearing, its strange how we take a good nights sleep for granted (until we don't have one).

After a lie in we decided to go out for a walk, it was very foggy in Warrington but as we drove to West Kirby the fog lifted. Averil and Jess went for a good walk along the West Kirby Causeway, I had a shorter but enjoyable one.

We are off for a meal now to Fran and Rach, any excuse, they are away over New Year so its good to be with them before they travel.

5 comments:

  1. We ended up racing wind up penguins (that came out of crackers) after dinner, last year we raced wind up sprouts from the crackers. Has anyone else had interesting cracker games this year???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivan, sorry, no, our crackers were good but not as interesting as Fran's!! Glad to hear you had a better night and that you were able to enjoy today despite the weather. We are off to Scotland tomorrow morning to spend some time with Pete's sister and family but Pete will be taking his notebook so will be able to keep in touch.That must be the challenge now for Christmas 2010 can we beat Fran Ireland's crackers.... hm.
    Take care, love gina and peter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time, hope the journey is good.
    I have a hospital visit tomorrow and then hopefully a 10 day break from treatment while the body catches up with the drugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say I know West Kirby well (born a Southerner, 'nuf said!) but the picture looks inviting.
    Our trip to Sheffield was interesting and I only fell over twice while we were there (but I did also crawl across the famous Endcliffe glacier!). The Snake Pass was surprisingly quiet...
    Glad to hear your chest is settling down; hopefully that means you got your treatment as planned today. You should then be able to rest up during the next projected Ice Age. (Chloe's convinced it's "The Day After Tomorrow".)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to "THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW" when I can put my feet up.

    ReplyDelete